• Michael Christou

Petersfield Town hit Fleetlands for four as they progress in the Portsmouth Senior Cup


Link to my Club Website and Petersfield Post report.

Petersfield Town carried on their red hot form extending their unbeaten record in all cup competitions to seven on Tuesday night. 

Mark Summerhill made seven changes to the starting line up from Saturdays league win against New Milton, giving a few players rare appearances.

Despite the changes, only 7 minutes in, Will Essai showed a great burst of pace getting into the box, threading a pass through the centre backs leaving Matt Low to score an easy goal, tapping home.

Minutes later the Rams had a great chance to double their lead. Great interchange of passing between the strike partnership, Gari Judd and Jordan Neal. Neal had the final touch setting himself up, his drive was well parried by Joshua Whitehead.

Tommy Woodward had the ball on the left for the visitors, whipped in a cross just over the defender but perfectly on the head of Matt Andrews but Matt Petts came to the rescue with a reaction block.

Petersfield kept up the consistent pressure throughout the first half and earnt a corner through hard craft. From the resulting corner Jordan Neal’s glancing header went past the post.

Closing in on half time a long ball into the area was held up by Gari Judd, fending off defenders rolled out to Cameron Smith who scored with an outrageous powerful effort directly into the top corner and wrapping around the net.

With the Rams looking comfortable, Ryan Kennedy gave away a cheap penalty pulling the striker down in the area. Matt Andrews slotted underneath Petts.

Getting stuck into the second half, Matt Low chipped in a light cross met by Gari Judd. He cushioned the header to dip into the top corner. However, Joshua Whitehead made a suburb fingertip save and out for the corner.

With Fleetlands tiring they left Gari Judd unmarked for a throw in, he took a touch to the bi-line to make a peach of a cross on the head of Jordan Neal. Whitehead came out but was beaten as the ball bounced into an empty net. 

The fourth goal of the night came for the Rams courtesy of Will Webb. The Substitute finished the game 78 minutes in, Webb’s trademark, shifting from right to left managed to get his shot away. Fortunately for the Rams a big deflection took it past the keeper.

The Rams head to the Isle of Wight for a double bill, facing Newport IOW on Saturday and Cowes Sports in the league cup on Tuesday.

0 views0 comments

©2018 by Michael's world. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now